Monday, June 6, 2011

Day 1

It is 9:00 PM and 4 boys are in bed, Amanda is in her room and Leo and I are bonding. Jeremy is on his way home from work. It has been a day!

Our day began with meeting Leo and his birth mom at Bethany around 10:45. The meeting was extremely emotional. I have never experienced anything like that. It has led to great conversations with the other kids especially Amanda. What 12 year old has the opportunity to experience the heart wrenching decision of a mom entrusting her only son to another family. We are not taking what we experienced today lightly. I can not begin to imagine the grief that a very special women is experiencing this night. She choose to give Leo life and she loves him enough to want him to have the best possible life possible. There is no doubt in our minds that this was an act of love.

We know the days and nights ahead will be long, but God will give us strength. We have definitely felt the peace of God and every one's prayers. Just when I feel like life is hard, I read a blog post like this one and realize I have no reason to complain. God has blessed my family so much. May we never take for granted what we have been given.

No comments:

Post a Comment