We had a lot of fun this evening playing M&M Uno. If you find yourself looking for a way to keep a couple of children entertained, let me suggest this fun game. It's a creation of our very own, and it works like this:
GAME SET UP
- Before the game can begin, everyone must WASH THEIR HANDS.
- Each player gets a dixie cup with 10 to 15 M&M candies in it. It is important that each player has the same number of candies in his/her cup.
- A bowl is set in the middle of the table. This is the candy bowl.
- Deal out the Uno cards like you would for a normal game.
Play a game of Uno according to the standard rules of the game. Four additional rules govern the distribution of the M&M candies.
- Whenever you are required to draw a card from the Uno deck, you must place one of your candies in the candy bowl.
- Whenever you change the color of the top Uno card, you win all the candies in the candy bowl.
- If you win the Uno game (that is, you play your last card) you win all the candies in the candy bowl.
- If you run out of candies in your dixie cup, you lose. Just set your cards down and stop playing.
- Can I eat my candies now? You sure can. You don't need to wait to the end of the game to eat some (or all) of you M&Ms. But, of course, if your dixie cup is empty, you lose and you are out of the game.
- If an opponent makes me draw four (or 2) cards, do I have to give away one of my candies? Yes. One of your candies goes in the bowl regardless of how many cards you were made to draw.
- If I change the color by playing a wild card, do I get all the candies in the bowl? Yes.
- If I can't play because I can't match the top card, do I have to put my candy in the bowl? Yes. You have to draw a card and put a candy in the bowl.
- Hey, I drew a card, played it, and changed the color being lead. Do I get all the candies in the bowl? Even the one I just put in? Yes. You changed the color. You get all the candies in the bowl.
- I changed the color, but the candy bowl was empty. Do I get anything? Nope. Sorry.
- I played a skip card. Does the person being skipped need to put a candy in the bowl? No. They just get skipped. That's bad enough.