Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Praising God!

Thank you to all who prayed that we would receive answers at Leo's appointment today. God really out did himself!

I feel like the weight of the world has been lifted from my shoulders! Today, Leo and I met with an awesome doctor, his 2 side kicks and a dietitian. The doctor literally just sat and watched Leo do a tube feeding for a half hour. As he watched him, he just kept saying "this isn't right, this isn't right!" They hooked him up and monitored his heart rate during the feed. They checked his blood sugar. They LISTENED to me and saw first hand what I was saying. We were with this team for almost 2 hours! Bottom line- Leo is being over fed on the wrong type of food. They sent me home with a case of new formula to try. We also scheduled surgery to have a g-tube put in and a fundoplication done. They really showed compassion for Leo and all he has been through.

I have been trying to set up Leo's eye surgery and bronchoscopy for literally 3 weeks and I have been getting the run around. Apparently, the doctor we saw today has rank because within minutes of his surgery being scheduled for November 14th, both the eye doctor's secretary and the ENT secretary jumped on board and both of these surgeries will be done on the 14th.

So, November 14th will be a huge day as Leo will have 4 procedures done. He will be in the hospital for at least 3 days. I am still waiting to talk to the Cardio doctor, BUT amazingly he called while I was driving home and should be calling me back shortly. (it might have had something to do with him being emailed by my new favorite doctor about the upcoming surgery and needing clearance:)

I feel like we are headed in the right direction and I really think a huge part of Leo's medical riddles were untangled today!

No comments:

Post a Comment