Wednesday, September 12, 2012





Yee-hah!  Progress!

The above photos show Leo making some strides here.  Like, in that last picture, he is actually putting food in his mouth.  THAT'S A HUGE DEAL.

Then the first picture is a little bit of his birth certificate which arrived in the mail today.   Hooray!  That's been on the way for months now.  We can now apply for a social security number for him and then begin officially changing his name on important documents like health insurance and doctors.

Leo also got a new walker today (the shiny yellow one pictured above.)  We specifically prayed for that as a family last night, and (at last) here it is.  We had been borrowing one from our therapist but it was a bit big for him.

These are, of course, all good things for Leo.  But I was reminded recently of just how faithful God is to answer prayer in general.  My morning devotions had brought me to John 14 where I read:

"And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son."

Really?  I thought to myself?  I believe this in theory... but how often do I fail to give my concerns over to God in prayer?

I have a lot of growing to do there, I am sure.

Still, a shot-gun smattering of answered prayers sure is encouraging.

--Jeremy

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful and happy post. I loved the pictures of Leo with his walker and feeding himself! He is making wonderful progress. GO Leo GO! :)

    ReplyDelete