Monday, July 9, 2012

A Day In The Life Of A Kind Of Crazy

Yesterday we lived the title of our blog.  Our day began with church and me unexpectedly serving in the nursery.  I realized just how loved and well taken care of Leo is by our nursery staff.  At first they didn't realize I was his mom and so it was cool to sit back and watch them interact and play ball with him.  They look out for him realizing he may need some extra "protecting".

After church, we headed home for a quick lunch and packing up of 6 coolers and lots of bags.  We then headed off to the pool where an awesome staff helped us unload the vans and get everything to our picnic area.  We set up and were ready to celebrate Jonathan's 6th birthday with family and friends.  Everyone had a great time and Jonathan deemed it "his best birthday ever!"  It really was a good time and also a great time for me to catch up with some of my mom friends. 

We arrived home from the pool at exactly 6:47, my friend Gwen text me as I was pulling in the driveway, and then the craziness really unfolded.  We oversaw 5 boys getting baths, ordered pizza, picked up pizza, unpacked some coolers, put some party stuff away, repacked a cooler, Jeremy threw on real clothes, I just put a shirt over my bathing suit, and were back in the care at exactly 7:35 heading to pick up Aunt Suzy and Andrew.  As we were handing out pizza in the van for the kids to eat as we drove, Jeremy looked at me and said- a kind of crazy! 
I love this picture.  Leo is slowly finding his voice and is now "yelling". 

We picked up Aunt Suzy and Andrew and headed to fireworks.  We had gone to fireworks on the 4th of July only to find out it was a typo in the paper and they weren't on the 4th they were going to be on the 7th- WHAT!!!  Apparently, we weren't the only ones who made this mistake as probably 50 other cars pulled into the parking lot looking for the fireworks.  We went and got ice cream instead.  We were all prepared to go see the fireworks on Saturday night but they were cancelled due to a storm.  So it became a family mission to finally see fireworks last night.  We were glad we went even though we were all exhausted.

We arrived home after ten.  The kids fell into bed and just as I laid down to go to sleep Leo's feeding pump began its familiar dose done beep.  Thankfully Jeremy was heading up the stairs and came to my rescue and turned it off for me. 
I wouldn't trade our craziness for anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment