Saturday, April 23, 2011

A laptop for Zambia

There's no easy, gentle way to begin this post. I'll just have to come right to the point. It's come to my attention that there is a missionary in Zambia who could really use a new laptop.

No, this isn't something I read in a suspicous email from a "wealthy Nigerian banker" ... this is real. The situation is that there is this missionary affiliated with my church who is stationed in Kasempa, Zambia along with his wife and children. There, he and his wife run an orphanage, a leper colony, and a radio station. The one laptop this man uses does it all -- all the normal activity you might expect PLUS it actually functions as a kind of server that runs the radio station!

You can just imagine the impact of something like ... a reboot! So what to do? Well, I'm gonna go get me a laptop! There's a team headed out from Philadelphia to Zambia in June, and I'd like to get a laptop, install the requisit software and send it along with them to Zambia.

It'll cost me a couple hundred bucks and, honestly, I could use some help.

Would you consider helping me in this worhty endeavor? If you would like to make a financial gift towards this goal ... please send me a message at laptop4zambia@gmail.com



I'm not asking any one person to make a huge gift ... but even a few modest sized gifts of $30, $40 or $50 dollars would go a long way towards this goal.

Anyway ... you get the idea. Drop me a line, let me know if you can help. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment