Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year's!

I walked into the kitchen this morning to find this list on the whiteboard.  Tyler was standing there with a marker in his hand.  He took it upon himself to come up with the "Shafer Family New Year Resolutions".

I like his goal for today- "Thank God for this year."  I do believe we will need to spend some time doing that today.  So much has happened in the last year, good and bad, but God was walking beside us every step on 2012 and for that we are thankful.

In looking at his goals-
I am all for #1- be healthier,
#2- watch less TV,
I wish #3 could happen- go to Great Wolf Lodge, but not sure that is a realistic goal for 2013,
#4- 20 minute devotions- excellent goal
#5- Leo walks, talks and eats!  This is probably my favorite of his goals.
#6- adopt one more child?  Love the question mark, wonder is Tyler being prophetic, guess we will have to wait and see.  (and no I didn't put him up to that one, Tyler and Jordan are both supporters of adoption and would love another brother)
#7- to do this better next year with better spelling- he is keeping it real.

As the day has worn on, others have added what has become a goal/wish list for 2012- go to Disney- someone was dreaming big, do better at math, sleep more, Daddy and Mommy read through the Bible together and the list goes on.

All good things, I love that a number of them point our focus back to God.  We are excited to see what God has in store for our family in 2013. 

We wish you and your family a 2013 full of God's blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment